Full-time Role: Backend engineer
Rock is building a rapidly growing productivity platform that enables anyone to work from anywhere. We are looking for an experienced web developer with proven experience building web applications. You will be part of a globally distributed team which is headquartered in San Francisco, but with people in over 10 countries.
We are looking for an experienced web/database/high-load backend developer. You will be responsible for the server side of our collaboration application, e.g. architecting the public APIs and internal structures, planning for scalability, release engineering and deployment.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on architecture and coding
- Designing public APIs for the requested functionality
- Accomplishing new functionality with unit and functional tests
- Planning and writing data migrations for seamless upgrades
- Collaborating with Front End to clarify API designs and make sure all edge cases are considered in the API design
- Reviewing the code of other back-end developers
- 5+ years of back-end programming
- Experience with programming web or network server applications in Golang, Node.js, Rust or Python, including parallel/concurrent programming patterns
- Experience with git (and particularly Github) workflow
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- DevOps experience with AWS infrastructure (set up, automation, and maintenance).
- Experience with database design, both SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and document-style databases..
- Familiarity with front-end technologies, ranging from basic HTML/CSS/JS to frameworks like Vue.js and Flutter.
- Experience with data analytics tools like Clickhouse and Grafana.
If interested send your resume plus a link to your Github portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org